Monday, February 20, 2012

Brooklyn Olivia's 1st Birthday Party

In between the weddings I plan as a full time job there are still a number of personal things I have the pleasure of planning for friends and family. This one tops the list of couse. The 1st birthday party for my daughter, Brooklyn Olivia Whalen. I still cannot believe she is one! I call her my mini-toddler, she is no longer my infant baby.

The planning started with a theme and an invitation. Being in February, I didn't want it to feel too summery, but I definitely wanted it to be girly. I ended up choosing a cross between 'woodland fairy' and 'vintage princess'. So maybe...Vintage Woodland Fairy Princess. :)



Next came the decor. I have a huge, blank, white wall that I wanted to give life to. I ended up cutting out birch trees out of cardboard, painting them peach and gold and hanging tissue poms to give dimention. I also made a "Happy Birthday Booklyn" banner out of white burlap, satin ribbon and scrapbook paper.

Here is the birthday girl getting her first taste of cake. She had the cutest little babydoll cake.

Brooklyn and Mommy in front of her 'sweet shoppe'. For food we had cookie cutter pb&j, cheese cubes, mini banana splits, chicken skewers, meatballs, frosted animal crackers, carrot sticks and celery cups, fruit snacks, mini cupcakes and of course cotton candy.
Drinks: Grapefruit punch, Izze, organic milk, and root beer floats.

The birthday girl!
I made her tutu and headband
Shirt: Gap
Leg warmers: babysnazz.com
Shoes: Converse

The food was a perfect balance between light and heavy.

Family photo!
Daddy, Brooklyn and Mommy
Behind us is the candy buffet. We had little brown bags stamped 'Thank you' for guests to fill up as they left. Also, kids left with pinwheels and princess wands that I made.














































No comments:

Post a Comment