Thursday, May 31, 2012

Black and White Stripes

If you have been reading my blog for awhile now, you know that what thrills me the most about wedding planning is when a bride and groom express themselves through their wedding. At Whalen Creative Group we encourage our brides to think that way, it sets the mood when everyone knows that the wedding as a whole represents the couple.

Here is a theme that I think will inspire all of you.

How adorable, need I say more? via Snippet & Ink
I saw this photo of the bridesmaids in the bold black and white stripped dresses and instantly fell in love with the bride in the photo. Why? Because I knew she picked those dresses because SHE loved them, and they represented HER style. Not because she wanted something her Maids could wear again.

I instantly found inspiration from those bold, modern stripes and low and behold I was not the only one. Here are a number of photos, in all aspects of the wedding, that show how chic those bold black and white stripes can be. A black and white wedding is no longer boring!

I hope you find inspiration for you day!

-XO Grace
The brides dress is still traditional and beautiful, but the bold 
statement of  that bow says, "this is MY dress". via La Partie Events

This table arrangement is from Martha Stewart Weddings. It is bold, modern,
 and unbelievably beautiful. via Martha Stewart Weddings
The gold accent along with the white poppy flowers create an amazing feel
 for this table. via Wedding Chicks
These invitations are not only adorable and one-of-a-kind, they are affordable
 at just $75. via antlerschandeliers.etsy.com
Add the stripes in a more subtle way. via La Partie Events
I love this! So chic and fun all at the same time. via Grey Likes Weddings

No comments:

Post a Comment